Saturday, April 2, 2011

Rushing into action


The patriarchal ways are all about rushing, forcing and pushing.  There is no wisdom.  I couldn't even quit my job without them giving me the 3rd degree, they didn't want me to leave and tried to coax me into staying.  Just because I am good at something doesn't mean I have to keep doing it.

I am going to move very soon.  Where, I don't know.  That's the adventure.  When I am done the next thing shows up and I never know what it is, its always a surprise.  It is up to me to discern when it is time to quit, fear can keep me lingering longer than necessary.  People will try to prevent me from moving on.  I always have to quit first before the next thing shows up, otherwise quitting would be easy.  I always have to jump into the unknown.

The Tao Te Ching
64.  Rushing into action, you fail.
Trying to grasp things, you lose them.
Forcing a project to completion,
you ruin what was almost ripe.

Therefore the Master takes action
by letting things take their course.
He remains as calm
at the end as at the beginning.
The Tao Te Ching   translated by S. Mitchell


No comments:

Post a Comment