Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Expectations


The universe rearranged itself.  Everything died.  My body is releasing my personality.   I am experiencing emotional discomfort.  My mind hasn't adjusted yet, it wants to go back to the known to make sense of this.

I allow the circumstances of my life to be as they are.  I didn't expect an infant showing up.  There is no tension in his little body, he is so trusting.  My body is going back to that state.  My body is asking me to surrender.

This story like any other story has to play itself out and no one can tell us how or where it's going to end.  This is unnerving to the mind.  Why this situation and not another situation came into our lives.  Relationships transform us when we are aware.  Awareness is alchemy.

Our minds have social set points, expectations set by society.  The mind is conditioned to shut everything out and only let that which is familiar in.  Everything has to be able to reach you.  You can't prefer one thing over another.

"Life is so constructed that an event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation."  ~Charlotte Brontë




No comments:

Post a Comment