Thursday, March 24, 2011

Teaching without saying anything


There is more space in my life.  My mind used to keep me busy and nothing was ever accomplished.  I was always planning and I was never present.   

I met a hardcore saleswoman today.  There are no spaces in her life.  She has the patriarchal mind mentality where more is best.   She didn't even hear me.  She talked at me instead of to me.  To her I didn't exist, only the tape recording in her head. 

The universe orchestrates everything.  Now I get to do my sales job without expectation and without doing anything. 
The Tao Te Ching 
3.  Practice not-doing, and everything will fall into place. 
   
2.  Therefore the Master acts without doing anything and teaches without saying anything.  
She has but doesn't possess, acts but doesn't expect.
When her work is done, she forgets it.  That is why it lasts forever.

47.  The Master achieves without doing a thing.
63.  Act without doing; work without effort.

The Tao Te Ching translated by S. Mitchell



No comments:

Post a Comment