Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Live Totally

How the mind works

Each one of those little blue balls is a thought about something that needs to be done, a decision, or a problem that needs to be solved.

The mind wants so much and because society is unconscious it will give the mind what it wants, chasing after illusions.  Society doesn't want you to relax.  It wants you to be somebody.

You can't still the mind.  When you think you have to do something to still the mind you will create the reverse effect.  Only by witnessing the busy mind can it stop.

Sitting in meditation divides you within yourself.  You are one person when you meditate and another when you go about your business.  

Being conscious while doing daily activities, that is meditation.  The mind cannot survive awareness.  Awareness stills the mind.

My mind would like to chase me through the day, but I won't let it, I wait for what shows up naturally.  My mind condemns me, tries to instill guilt and shame.  Those are the times when I feel the energy of those accusations and transmute them by feeling them without acting on them.  That is how I shut the mind up.


No comments:

Post a Comment